- FAQ – Got Radon? Get Answers!
- Results: What do they mean?
- Radon in Real Estate
- Radon Resistant New Construction (RRNC)
- Health Effects
- EPA Consumer Publications
- Radon in the Media
- State Radon Programs Information
- Standards and Certifications
- School Resources
- National Radon Poster Contest Archive 2007-2015
- Radon Organizations
- EPA Radon
- Contact Us
What is Radon?
Radon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and chemically inert radioactive gas. It is formed by the natural radioactive decay of uranium in rock, soil, and water. It can be found in all 50 states. Testing for it is the only way of telling how much is present.
National Radon Hotline: Purchase radon test kits by phone.
1 (800) SOS-RADON (767-7236)
National Radon Helpline: Get live help for your radon questions.
1 (800) 55-RADON (557-2366)
National Radon Fix-It Line: For general information on fixing or reducing the radon level in your home.
1 (800) 644-6999
Living Healthy and Green Hotline
1 (866) 730-4733
National Radon Hotline En Español
1 (866) 528-3187