Radon Certification Programs

Contact your State Radon Program to determine what are, or whether there are, requirements associated with providing radon measurement and or radon mitigations/reductions in your State.  Some States maintain lists of contractors available in their state or they have proficiency programs or requirements of their own.

There are two voluntary (or state recognized) national certification programs that require participants to successfully complete training courses and follow established protocols or standards. EPA recommends that you hire a contractor that is either state or nationally certified. To find qualified radon contractors, EPA recommends that you contact one or both of the two privately run national certification programs listed below. You can find a listing of certified individuals through their websites as follows:

National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP)
Address: 527 N Justice Street, Hendersonville, NC 28739
Phone: (828) 348-0185
E-mail: certification@nrpp.info
Website: https://nrpp.info/

National Radon Safety Board (NRSB)
Address: 14 Hayes St, Elmsford, NY 10523
Phone: (866) 329-3474 | (914) 345-1168
Fax: (914) 345-1169
E-mail: info@nrsb.org
Website: www.nrsb.org


State Certification Programs

Many states certify or license radon contractors. Call your state radon office for information about qualified service providers in your state.

If you plan to fix the problem in your home yourself, you should first contact your state radon office for EPA's technical guide, "Radon Reduction Techniques for Detached Houses."